[Web4lib] Cataloging Web Resources - policies

Ranti Junus ranti.junus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:18:04 EDT 2008

[Sent to NGC4LIB and Web4Lib.  Apologies for duplication.]

Hello All,

Michigan State University Libraries intends to place more links to
Web-based content of all kinds in our OPAC (besides the ones we
officially subscribe to.) In order to guide the implementation of this
decision, we need to create policies and consensus on how to proceed.

Does your library have any policies regarding the selection and
cataloging of web resources (web sites, pdf reports, etc.) that you
would be willing to share?  I'd be more than happy to compile the list
of responses for you, if you would like to have it as well.

Thank you in advance.

ranti.

--
Ranti Junus, Systems Librarian/Electronic Resources
 Web Services