[Web4lib] CUIL doesn't seem very COOL

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Jul 28 13:19:41 EDT 2008

 http://www.reportonbusiness.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080727.wcuil0728/BNS=
tory/Business/?cid=3Dal_gam_nletter_dtechal

 Has anyone else played with www.cuil.com?   (pronounced like cool)

 Supposedly more pages indexed, better, etc.  Doing a little vanity
 searching, I searched

 dan lester boise

 and found lots of stuff....well, some....almost all of it from old
 newsgroup postings from 93 and 94.  Well, I guess that's a rich
 source of fodder to build stuff up, but hardly exciting or
 convincing.

 searching for

 barack obama

 produced    "We didn=92t find any results for =93barack obama=94"

 but searching obama as a single word did.

 For my entries there were a bunch of images, all completely
 irrelevant and nothing that was on any of my pages, or places where I
 was mentioned.

 Obama's images were, for the most part, relevant.

 Comments, thoughts, experiences?

 dan

--=20
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID =20