[Web4lib] Favorite open source books and/or online resources?

Shaun Ellis sdellis at rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 19 16:35:19 EDT 2007

Here are some I've stumbled upon...

Decoding Liberation - The promise of open source software
By Samir Chopra and Scott D. Dexter
http://www.sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~bcfoss/DL/

Producing Open Source Software - How to Run a Successful Free Software
Project
by Karl Fogel
http://producingoss.com/

Code 2.0
by Lawrence Lessig
http://pdf.codev2.cc/Lessig-Codev2.pdf
Talks about limits of open code in a broader perspective of law and
Internet regulation.

Open Source Democracy
by Douglass Rushkoff
http://www.rushkoff.com/downloads/opensourcedemocracy.pdf
How the open source software concepts apply to, and will influence,
politics and democracy.

Good luck,
Shaun