[Web4lib] Favorite open source books and/or online resources?

Stephen Cauffman SCauffman at cslib.org
Wed Oct 24 09:28:34 EDT 2007

Hello Karin,

I'd also recommend "Open Sources 2.0 : the continuing evolution"
http://worldcat.org/oclc/63135238
It's a good collection of essays and is a continuation of the 1999 volume "Open sources voices from the open source revolution."

Regards,
Steve Cauffman
Connecticut State Library

>>> "Karin Dalziel" <web4lib at nirak.net> 10/18/2007 5:01 pm >>>
I'm a library student doing a reference assignment on building a part of a
collection. The subject I have chosen is open source software- in specific,
I'm looking for books and online resources that would be useful for
undergraduate computer science students. I'm looking at books both on using
open source as a business model and general books on how open source
projects work. I'm less interested in technical books detailing "how to
complete project x with open source tools y."

So, anyone have any recommendations?

I am collecting books I find in a worldcat list here:

         http://worldcat.org/profiles/karindalziel/lists/25571

And I'm collecting online resources bookmarks here:

         http://del.icio.us/karindalziel/refopensourceassn

I have to admit this was slightly selfish on my part, as I want to read up
on the topic too. :)

Thanks for your help,

Karin Dalziel