[Web4lib] Content management systems

Micah Stevens micah at raincross-tech.com
Mon Mar 19 16:52:10 EST 2007

On 03/19/2007 02:00 PM, Matt Grayson wrote:
> We've been using Drupal at http://library.utmem.edu/ for almost a year now
> with a fair amount of success. Drupal 5 has just come out with quite a few
> improvements and I'm looking forward to upgrading. The biggest challenge
> we've faced with Drupal is the lack of support for "real" publishing
> workflows - where all content changes go through an approvals process. On
> the whole, though, we're pleased with how Drupal has performed.
>
> Matt
>
> --
> Matt Grayson

I'm curious from a development standpoint of how this would work. I use
a versioning system for all page changes in a system I work on, but not
an approval process as this hasn't been requested yet. Would this just
allow unpublished changes, and then you require specified users to sign
off before it can be published?

-Micah