[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 7:8 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:48:12 EDT 2007

Apologies for any double-posting...I'll get this cleaned up by October for
sure!

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large v.7, issue 8 (July 2007) is now
available for downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ7i8.pdf

The 26-page issue (PDF as usual, but essays other than My Back Pages are

available in HTML form at http://citesandinsights.info/) includes:

*Perspective: Pew Do You Trust? - "Pew Internet & American Life owes me
an apology."

*(C)1: Term and Extent - PermaCopyright and other extremes, including my

Modest Proposal for permanent copyright for truly original works

*Making it Work - Commentary on personal balance and library service
balance.

*Interesting & Peculiar Products - Six products (and product groups) and

another six Editors' Choices/Best Buy roundups.

*Library Access to Scholarship - more of the "opposition literature" and

notes about money.

*My Back Pages - seven snarky little mini-essays, exclusive to
whole-issue readers.

Two quick notes: This was all written before ALA Annual (but with some
touchup work and copyfitting done this week)--and there's nary a word
about my own future plans.