[Web4lib] Vista weirdness

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:41:22 EDT 2007

This isn't directly on point, but Vista does handle networking differently.
We have recently launched an SSL VPN service.  Normally, when you connect to
the service from off campus, all of your traffic routes through the campus
VPN, no matter if you're going to Youtube or guardian.co.uk.  Under Vista,
traffic not destined for campus is routed directly to the off-campus
domain.  There are arguments both ways for this behavior, but it is a
departure from how earlier versions of Windows -- and just about everything
else -- handles routing.