[Web4lib] Dreamweaver 8 vs Microsoft Expression Web

Carol Bean beanworks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:21:37 EST 2007

I've used Nvu, and it's good, but I wouldn't say it's on a par with
Dreamweaver.  Of course, the price is right. :-)  And it's available in both
Windows and Linux.

The wysiwyg part is very good, but switching to the code part of Nvu just
seems to cause problems.  If you do need to get into the code, use a text
editor or code editor.  But one of the things I've noticed is it adds huge
blocks of white space to the code, so when I go in to edit the code by hand
I spend a lot of time just getting rid of the whitespace (which returns the
next time someone edits the page with Nvu).

Depending on how much HTML you need to know and how much complexity you need
for the website, it could be the right solution.  I'd pick it over anything
from Microsoft, but not over Dreamweaver.   But that's just me...

Carol
beanworks.wordpress.com