[Web4lib] Discussions on Web4Lib and the state of of the list.

Bill Drew dreww at tc3.edu
Wed Dec 19 13:45:41 EST 2007

I am now ashamed that I did not speak up the last couple of days in
support of Karen and Dorothea and in support of the scholarships being
offered at Code4lib.  I am amazed at the testosterone flowing here the
last few days.  I am ashamed of the reactions voiced by many librarians
of the male sex on this forum.  As one of the first subscribers to
Web4Lib,  I have seen it evolve from the open, loose, and always
informative discussion to something I am wondering is of any more value.
 It would be a shame to see it die.  Maybe it is suffering from a bit of
old age and loss of focus.

Bill Drew
dreww at tc3.edu

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Interim Library Director
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
StrengthsQuest: Ideation, Input, Learner, Activator, Communication