[Web4lib] Where to invest in music collection.

Turner,Kathleen kt32 at drexel.edu
Fri Oct 20 11:17:57 EDT 2006

Drexel University offers students (and other members of the university community) digital music access through MusicSelect (https://www.musicselect.org/).  As you note, that primarily fills the contemporary/popular music demand.

To provide for more academic music needs, the library subscribes to both Classical Music Library and Naxos Music Library which includes "Classical music, Jazz, World, Folk and Chinese music".  I'm not an expert on either system, but I believe that both allow faculty to construct playlists for specific courses.

While we do have video (vhs and dvd) in our collection, I don't believe that we have any "offline" music in our collections.

Kathleen