[Web4lib] Where to invest in music collection.

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Fri Oct 20 11:34:48 EDT 2006

Keith D. Engwall writes:
 > Our library is finally looking at trying to migrate from its
 > ancient lp collection to a more modern format.  There are some who
 > have expressed concern that Compact Disc is in its autumn years as
 > a format, so that *starting* a CD collection now would be an unwise
 > investment.  If we already had a sizeable CD collection, it would
 > only make sense to continue using that format.  But starting from
 > scratch, is that where we should be putting our money?

Why not just rip your LPs to MP3 (or perhaps OGG)?

No new money to pay, since you already own the music.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike at indexdata.com>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Do present circumstances _require_ that there be a Third World,
	 so that the First World can be what it is?  I don't know.
	 I'm not smart enough to answer the questions, I'm barely smart
	 enough to ask them" -- Jarrod Davis.