[Web4lib] Lack of discussion of Google CSE and Libraries

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 9 09:46:00 EST 2006

Bill,

The problem with Google CSE, as I see it, is that there doesn't seem
to be an API for it (is there and I'm missing it?).

Therefore I can aggregate, collate, sort, stamp and mutilate all of
the little topic search engines I can possibly dream up, but I can't
really use them in any meaningful way (i.e. from what Google starts, I
have to then rely on Google to finish).

Yes, it's a cool project with a lot of potential.  It's also extremely
limiting on many counts, as well.

-Ross.