[Web4lib] Promotion and Marketing for Library Classes

Nicole Engard nengard at jenkinslaw.org
Fri Mar 10 15:02:36 EST 2006

I don't know if this an excellent strategy, but it's a pretty popular one.  We offer a full day of classes - 6 - 1 hour classes and lunch for one flat price. It's like a mini conference. But our classes are for lawyers who need credit, so this may not work as well for people who are just taking classes for their own professional development.

Anyway, we call it the CLE Six Pack (CLE = Continuing Legal Education)

Thank you,

Nicole C. Engard
Web Manager
Jenkins Law Library
http://www.jenkinslaw.org
http://www.web2learning.net

>>> "Michele Haytko" <michele.haytko at gmail.com> 03/10/06 02:43PM >>>
Sorry for the cross postings, but I wanted to get as many responses as
possible.

My library teaches classes on productivity software and the Internet
(including blogs and searching, among other things).  We want to
increase our participation in the classes, which are rarely full.   Do
other libraries- especially those with computer courses- have any
excellent marketing strategies?

Anything you can offer would be wonderful and much appreciated.

Many thanks, in advance!
~michele~

--
Mrs. C. Michele Haytko

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi