[Web4lib] Problems with ProQuest - is it just us?

Edward Spodick lbspodic at ust.hk
Mon Jan 16 04:43:14 EST 2006

We just found out that our access to ProQuest has suddenly truncated just the database "Proquest Newspapers" and that any searches within that only yield results from the "Asian Wall Street Journal" and "The Wall Street Journal Asia".  We have already reported this to the vendor, but I am curious is the problem is with our specific account, or with the ProQuest site as a whole.

You might want to check your access to make sure it is working as expected.  If your access is similarly impaired, I would appreciate it if you could let me know at lbspodic at ust.hk  Thanks.

--
Edward F Spodick, Information Technology Manager
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library