[Web4lib] opensource image software

Greg Sennema gsennema at wlu.ca
Tue Apr 25 14:17:31 EDT 2006

Whilst taking a look at Greenstone as a possible solution for a digital image collection, I realized that Flikr has some collaboration attributes that might be helpful to our project.  Does anyone know of opensource software that would allow us to create and host an image database combining the metadata functionality of Greenstone or DSpace, the collaborative aspects of Flikr, and the customizability of WordPress?

thanks
greg

Greg Sennema / electronic services librarian
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
75 University Ave. W. Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5
(p) 519-884-0710 x.2812
(f) 519-884-8023
(e) gsennema at wlu.ca
http://library.wlu.ca/blogs/gsennema/