[Web4lib] Metadata for Library Web Pages?

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 20 14:22:30 EDT 2006

Another possibility (and community) to get involved in would be
Microformats.  This marks up semantics in the HTML of the page to be
machine readable.  The advantage there is that meta tags only exist in
the head, so it's difficult (and unwieldly) to associate them with all
the specific items on the page (instead, think of "collection level"
metadata).  Microformats would be like marking up the item (and would
probably be easier to integrate into a CMS).

Check out:
http://www.microformats.org/

-Ross.