[Web4lib] Metadata for Library Web Pages?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Apr 20 12:29:01 EDT 2006

On 4/20/2006 12:13 PM, Popp, Mary Pagliero wrote:

> Hi!  We are working hard to add more metadata to our web pages so that
> they are more easily found by our own and other search engines.  I am
> writing to ask all of you two questions:

I understood that the commercial search engines ignore inline metadata
because they has been so frequently abused for index spamming.  Can
anyone confirm?  If so, your search engine is probably the only one that
will make use of it (which is still valuable!), so it may not be
important to match anyone else's standards.

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu