[Web4lib] Metadata for Library Web Pages?

Popp, Mary Pagliero popp at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 20 12:13:19 EDT 2006

Hi!  We are working hard to add more metadata to our web pages so that
they are more easily found by our own and other search engines.  I am
writing to ask all of you two questions:

1.	Do any of you have guidelines for metadata/metatags on HTML
pages?  If so, are you willing to share them?

	2.	Are there any Content Management systems out there that
create metadata automatically from the contents of data included in web
pages?

Many thanks!

Mary
Mary Pagliero Popp
Public Services Librarian, Library Information Technology
Indiana University Libraries, Wells Library E456
1320 E. 10th Street
Bloomington, IN   47405
812-855-8170      FAX: 812-856-7949    popp at indiana.edu