[Web4lib] More on the Open Content Alliance

Enrico Silterra es287 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 27 09:44:23 EDT 2005

I search on words I am looking at and I get "no hits".
I open the opening page, and I get a message from IE that there
are javascript errors.

ditto on:
Whatever happened to good old fashioned straight HTML, eh?

This seems like a very worthwhile project, but as a presentation
of the concepts behind the projects, I don't get positive feelings.

just my 2 yoctocents,
Rick Silterra

At 09:21 AM 10/27/2005 +0100, J.P.Knight wrote:
>On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Roy Tennant wrote:
>><http://www.openlibrary.org/details/openlibrary>
>
>Awww, what a horrible website.  I know its trying to look like a book, but
>this is the web!  I was sitting there clicking on the "Open Library" image
>with no luck thinking it was a splash screen.  The navigation stuff on the
>right hand side was a bit screwed up with the size of my web browser so I
>didn't spot it at first and even when I did, I assumed that the arrows
>applied to the "listen" button next to them (which I didn't bother with as
>I don't have speakers on my workstation).  When I did happen to click on
>the right hand "page" to flip it over, the left hand edge of the new left
>hand page was cut off until I resized my browser window.
>
>Whatever happened to good old fashioned straight HTML, eh?
>
>Jim'll

Enrico Silterra
Meta Data Engineer
107-E Olin Library