[Web4lib] More on the Open Content Alliance

J.P.Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 04:21:52 EDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Roy Tennant wrote:
> <http://www.openlibrary.org/details/openlibrary>

Awww, what a horrible website.  I know its trying to look like a book, but
this is the web!  I was sitting there clicking on the "Open Library" image
with no luck thinking it was a splash screen.  The navigation stuff on the
right hand side was a bit screwed up with the size of my web browser so I
didn't spot it at first and even when I did, I assumed that the arrows
applied to the "listen" button next to them (which I didn't bother with as
I don't have speakers on my workstation).  When I did happen to click on
the right hand "page" to flip it over, the left hand edge of the new left
hand page was cut off until I resized my browser window.

Whatever happened to good old fashioned straight HTML, eh?

Jim'll