[Web4lib] bulk / mass email product recommendations requested

Mike Taylor mike at miketaylor.org.uk
Thu Oct 6 11:05:22 EDT 2005

> Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:46:37 -0500
> From: "Sara Patalita" <Spatalita at acpl.lib.in.us>
>
> I have been tasked with choosing a product to handle bulk email for
> one of our department's newsletters.  We tested one product but
> didn't have good luck with their support.  I will be doing some
> research, but I was hoping for some recommendations from libraryland
> to help me get started.  So, please send your testimonials my way.
> I will summarize for the list(s) if there is interest.

At Index Data, we use MailMan
	http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/

With this, we run quite a lot of lists -- probably about forty, some
of them with reasonably high volume.  We find it a pleasure to use, as
it has a nice, and well-documented web-based admin interface.

Oh, and it's free.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at miketaylor.org.uk>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "The idea that people know what they want is wrong.  They need
	 to be pulled through the Web" -- Laura Jennings, Vice President,
	 Microsoft Network.