helping users find the appropriate database

Robert Long rlong at talb.lib.md.us
Thu May 12 14:29:27 EDT 2005

We'd like to revamp the database area of our web site and I would be
interested in any strategies that have been developed to help users find
the best resource to match their search needs.

Are the tried and true methods of subject headings and a-z lists the
best way to do this or is there something better?

When faced with Business Source Elite or Master File Premier, what's a
patron to do?

I know that asking a librarian is always the preferred method. But if
you had to offer a second option, what would it be?

--
Robert Long, Library Systems Administrator
Talbot County Free Library