[WEB4LIB] helping users find the appropriate database

Mark Allan mark.allan at angelo.edu
Thu May 12 14:36:40 EDT 2005

I'll post what everyone has sent me since last Friday a bit later this
afternoon.

Mark

At 01:32 PM 5/12/2005, you wrote:
>We'd like to revamp the database area of our web site and I would be
>interested in any strategies that have been developed to help users find
>the best resource to match their search needs.
>
>Are the tried and true methods of subject headings and a-z lists the
>best way to do this or is there something better?
>
>When faced with Business Source Elite or Master File Premier, what's a
>patron to do?
>
>I know that asking a librarian is always the preferred method. But if
>you had to offer a second option, what would it be?
>

>--
>Robert Long, Library Systems Administrator
>Talbot County Free Library
>410 822 1626 (v)
>410 820 8217 (f)

Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark Allan
Head, Reference Unit
Porter Henderson Library
Angelo State University
ASU Station #11013
San Angelo, Texas 76909-1013
(325) 942-2511
(325) 942-2198 (FAX)
mark.allan at angelo.edu
I love the smell of book dust in the morning.  It smells like...... knowledge.

Any opinions given above do not necessarily reflect those of the Porter
Henderson Library, Angelo State University, the Texas State University
System, the state of Texas...