[Web4lib] FW: [DDN] Google points way to Maps' code (fwd)

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:54:21 EDT 2005

I agree, the Google PR team should not go to press if the product is
not available for download.

On the other hand, Google seems to treat the word "Beta" VERY
conservatively.  Google News, for instance, is still listed as Beta,
many months after announcement.

Heck, Gmail, which I've been using since April 2004, is still badged as Beta.

Google has $85 billion in market cap but their free services may have
wrinkles. Google Video was a beta clunker out of the chute but I bet
someday it delivers.

/rich