[Web4lib] FW: [DDN] Google points way to Maps' code (fwd)

David Jones DJones at scu.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:54:10 EDT 2005

>>> "D.H. Mattison" <dmattison at shaw.ca> 6/30/2005 12:45:17 PM >>>
Don't you hate it when something's publicized and then you learn it's still in beta and can't actually be downloaded.
<<<

It's just another variant of viral marketing. Google lives by it as their GoogleGulp parody so rightly explains:

http://www.google.com/googlegulp/faq.html#8

"8. What if none of my friends have a Gulp cap to give me? Can't you just give Google Gulp to anyone who wants it?

Well, we're thinking about it, but, um, you have to understand that there are many considerations which go into deciding how to distribute --

9. I mean, isn't this whole invite-only thing kind of bogus?

Dude, it's like you've never even heard of viral marketing."

HTH,
David

This message scanned for viruses and SPAM by GWGuardian at SCU (MGW1)