[Web4lib] Tamper Proofing a Desktop Chassis

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Tue Jun 14 15:53:40 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Connie Hudson wrote:

> I sent to this to the wrong address yesterday, so please forgive me if it shows up twice.
>
> We are thinking of putting our computer cases (tower style) on top of the desk area of the study carrels to allow easier access for patrons who want to use headphones. My concern is allowing such easy access to the network cable. Customers have been know to unplug the network cable to prevent our reservation software from loading, then reconnect it for unlimited Internet use.
>
> Has anyone run into this problem? I welcome all suggestions.

I believe a common solution to this is to leave the processor under the
desk, but to install a headphone extension cord onto the computer, with
the female end accessible from the carrel.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com