[Web4lib] Tamper Proofing a Desktop Chassis

Bill Jenkins wjenkins at mail.smu.edu
Tue Jun 14 16:16:20 EDT 2005

At 02:53 PM 6/14/2005, Bob Rasmussen wrote:
>I believe a common solution to this is to leave the processor under the
>desk, but to install a headphone extension cord onto the computer, with
>the female end accessible from the carrel.

We started doing this the past year and it works really well. I also found
a particular kind of clip which is just the right size for anchoring the
end down, so the cable does not fall on the floor.

http://superglue.supergluecorp.com/kw10.html
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=278-1640

I am providing the Radio Shack link as I had to call Super Glue earlier
this afternoon to see who else sold these as my original local supplier
stopped carrying them after I bought our first lot of them this past fall.

BillJ

~~~~~
Bill Jenkins     wjenkins at mail.smu.edu
Distance Learning Librarian, Southern Methodist University
Contact Info: http://people.smu.edu/wjenkins/contact.html