[WEB4LIB] RE: Decline in Web4Lib message volume

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Wed Jan 26 17:05:36 EST 2005

Walter Giesbrecht asked:

"I'd be interested to know how the number of subscribers has changed
over the years; in parallel with the number of messages, perhaps? How
has the # posts/subscriber changed?"

I believe the number of subscribers has increased slowly but steadily
over the years. Roy Tennant told me that the list currently has 3,465
subscribers, which means that 2004 (or maybe 2003) might have been the
first year in which the number of subscribers exceeded the number of
messages, for whatever that's worth.