[WEB4LIB] Re: Firefox revolution over?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Feb 16 15:12:52 EST 2005

Corey Murata wrote:

> If your library has access to Factiva, just try using that in Firefox (or
> anything not IE) and see how far you get.  Most of non-IE failures I've seen
> is not so much bad markup or 'creative' CSS, it's bad client-side scripting.

I know I shouldn't change the dead horse I'm beating in the middle of
the stream...or words to that effect.  But I'm always amazed that
vendors will smilingly take our money and at the same time smilingly
tell us that indefensible design choices on their part will prevent X
percent of our users from getting their content (it's text retrieval
folks--no reason it shouldn't work in any browser under the sun).  And
I'm amazed that we let them get away with it.

What percentage of UW users are using something other than IE? (You do
know, right?)  What do you tell them?

TPD