[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 6:1 available

Walt.Crawford at rlg.org Walt.Crawford at rlg.org
Tue Dec 20 11:20:37 EST 2005

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large, volume 6, number 1, January 2006,
is now available for downloading at:
http://cites.boisestate.edu/civ6i1.pdf

Separate HTML downloads are available for all sections except "My Back
Pages," a bonus section that's only part of the integral issue.

Contents of this 24-page PDF issue include:

* Bibs & Blather - Interdependency (why you should subscribe to the Walt
at Random RSS feed), YBP at Midwinter, C&I at Midwinter, and more

* Followup/Feedback Perspective: OCA and GLP Redux - why I was partly
wrong on Project Gutenberg, plus more on the Open Content Alliance and
lots more on Google Book Search/Google Library Project

* Interesting & Peculiar Products - eleven products

* Following Up & Feedback - Sony BMG and DRM, and recognizing that Fiona
Bradley writes Blisspix, not Explodedlibrary.

* (C)2 Perspective: Will Fair Use Survive? - Notes on a first-rate new
report from the Free Expression Policy Project

* Trends & Quick Takes - eleven trends & takes and four quicker takes.

* My Back Pages - five occasional pieces.