learning db programming- tips

RUMPFF, Joanna Joanna.Rumpff at austin.org.au
Thu Apr 21 21:55:59 EDT 2005

There is a very good site called WebThang at http://www.webthang.co.uk that might be worth a look. It has some great tutorials, particularly for Dreamweaver users that can take you through the entire process from the basics to more complicated stuff - it helped get me up and running with ASP and MS Access, but it also covers PHP, MySQL etc.  I found it was a much easier starting place than the half dozen text books I've got.

Joanna Rumpff
Austin Health Library
Heidelberg  Vic  3084
Australia

>Andrew Darby wrote:
>Both are now running off one MySQL database, and we connect with PHP.  I
>know you said you didn't do db programming, but it is the best way to
>handle this sort of thing, and isn't as hard as it may seem at first
>blush . . . .

Andrew (or anyone else who wants to chime in):
more and more I'm resigned to having to learn db programming, but I'm dumb as dirt about it!
Could you please give me some tips on how to get started? What software do I need? (I use DW MX 2004 to create web pages)

This email contains confidential information intended
only for the person named above and may be subject to
legal privilege and confidentiality obligations imposed
by legislation or be subject to intellectual property
protection or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this transmission
is prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify us immediately by return email and delete the
original email and any attachments.
Austin Health provides no guarantee that this transmission
is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or altered.