[WEB4LIB] OpenURL Standard Z39.88 - Approved

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Apr 16 16:31:19 EDT 2005

Interesting. I read on the site, "The proposed OpenURL standard is syntax to
create web-transportable packages of metadata and/or identifiers about an
information object. Such packages are at the core of context-sensitive or
open link technology, which has recently become available in scholarly
information systems. By standardizing the syntax, we will enable many other
innovative user-specific services in this and other information fields."

Do we have three or four "show me" examples to explain this to people
unfamiliar with the standard?

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com