The Future

Florence Paisey f.paisey at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 29 13:55:21 EDT 2004

Linda,
Interesting that you brought this up today.  I am participating in an ARL
website design class and on the discussion board/chat yesterday I, too, cited
this article.  I agree with it, but within the bounds of sound aesthetic
design, instructional design, user comfort and ease of navigation.

True though, the kids seem to have honed their attention skills, so that
they are not put off and distracted by elements that older persons could be.

Here's the link you presented
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA411572?display=searchResults&stt=001&text=abram

The contrast is also in Library Journal and published a few months earlier. It is entitled

The Expert User is Dead  Klein & Luther, 10/15/03

"We must design web sites to welcome all users..."

http://www.libraryjournal.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleID=CA323336

Florence Paisey
f.paisey at worldnet.att.net
Librarian, Miami Dade County Public Schools