[WEB4LIB] Looking for a simple text-based freeware Windows HTML Editor

Edward Wigg e-wigg at epl.org
Tue Jul 13 15:15:40 EDT 2004

On Jul 12, 2004, at 10:46 PM, Edward Spodick wrote:

> I am seeking recommendations for a simple text-based HTML editor to
> recommend for those of our staff who create web pages.

I like HTML-Kit <http://www.chami.com/html-kit/>. I'm not sure about
the link checker (though the there may well be a plugin for that), but
it does have everything else on both your lists of required and desired
features including several kitchen sinks (or, more accurately,
something like 350 plugins).

It is fairly simple to use, though as you add plugins you obviously can
make things more complex if you try. Still free as of build 292 (there
has been talk of future versions costing money), though you can already
pay for an enhanced version for which educational discounts are
available, e.g. $200 for a 25 user license.

Edward