Interesting virtual reference article

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Fri Jul 2 15:34:51 EDT 2004

Steve Coffman and Linda Arret have written a two part series that attempts
to "...step back and take a look at the big picture - to see where we have
been, where we might be going, and to what extent we have accomplished the
purposes we set for ourselves when we began this brave new way of doing
reference not so very long ago."

Part 1:

Coffman, Steve, and Linda Arrett. To Chat or Not to Chat - Taking Another
Look at Virtual Reference, Part 1. Searcher, 12(7). July/August 2004.
http://www.infotoday.com/searcher/jul04/arret_coffman.shtml.

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant, ILCSO
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
616 E. Green Street, Suite 213
Champaign, IL  61820

Phone: (217) 333-4895
Fax:   (217) 265-0454