commercial list hosters

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Oct 24 16:37:48 EDT 2002

Anyone have recommendations for commercial list-hosting solutions based
on Mailman or LISTSERV?

I'm managing two small lists based on Lyris (nee Sparklist), but I have
two quibbles--one, a small suite of technical things that other products
do better, and another, I wasn't too thrilled when Lyris was implicated
in users getting spammed, possibly from stolen lists.  I've seen
Mailman, and like its interface and capabilities; I imagine LISTSERV
does pretty well too.

(Our "big" list, for New This Week, is running on a version of Listproc
installed by Melvil Dewey when he was a circ clerk, I believe.  Not that
we aren't grateful for it! But with over 14,000 readers, we need a
product that will let Mr. Computer help us with more of the
administrative duties.)

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Director,    Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw
      lii.org: Information You Can Trust!