[WEB4LIB] commercial list hosters

Catharine Robertson croberts at lakenet.org
Fri Oct 25 10:09:26 EDT 2002

After years of using Listserv, I can't recommend it highly enough. The
latest version, 1.8e, (which I have not used) has virus protection and a web
interface for list management. They also offer list hosting for those that
can't host their own lists. The scalability and security are very, very
good. Self-hosting prices can be prohibitive to some depending on your setup
and subscriber volume (several thousand dollars), but I've no idea of the
cost of getting them to host for you. (http://www.lsoft.com/)

Catharine