K-Meleon 0.7 browser available
amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Nov 4 11:12:39 EST 2002
After a long development cycle, version 0.7 of the K-Meleon browser has been released. This
version of K-Meleon is built using code from Mozilla 1.2 Beta, the most current version of
Mozilla. K-Meleon is an open-source browser for Windows platforms. This version of K-Meleon
continues to build on the stability of version 0.6 and includes a number of new features and
improvements. These include:
* New plugins that provide support for tabbed browsing, Opera Hotlists and interacting with
K-Meleon from other applications.
* Major improvements to Bookmarks, Favorites, Macros and Toolbar plugins including support
for tooltip text on toolbar buttons.
* Added Print Preview functionality.
* New Mozilla-based functionality including "Type Ahead Find".
* Automatic detection on major third-party plugins including Adobe Acrobat Reader, Quicktime,
Windows Media Player 7 and Sun JRE.
Also, a number of bugs have been fixed both in K-Meleon and the underlying Mozilla code
greatly improving performance and stability.
More details are available in the release notes here:
You can download K-Meleon 0.7 here:
More information is available on the K-Meleon site here:
K-Meleon 0.6 was an excellent solution for libraries that needed a customizable and secure
browser on the OPAC. Version 0.7 is robust enough to extend that use to general public and
staff Internet use. K-Meleon is available at no charge.
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
More information about the Web4lib