[WEB4LIB] Re: ASP pages remaining stubbornly cached

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Nov 28 13:15:39 EST 2002

At 03:38 AM 11/28/2002 -0800, Nikos Kourkoumelis wrote:
>Hi John...

>Finally use these meta tags:

I'm not an ASP person, but I have to believe it can write real HTTP headers:

   Pragma: no-cache
   Expires: 0
   Cache-control: no-cache

The advantage comes if some intermediary proxy/firewall/whatever caches
pages without reading them.  Such a cache would never know about the "<meta
http-equiv...>" tags.

Thomas Dowling
Ohio Library and Information Network
tdowling at ohiolink.edu