[WEB4LIB] Google Answers questions

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Wed May 22 12:41:07 EDT 2002

I am really curious to see if Google can actually offer this service over
the long haul. There have been many for-fee Q&A services that have debuted
to big publicity and then faded into the woodwork. WebHelp.com is a good
example. WebHelp started out as a free service, with a lot of publicity, and
a lot of activity. When they switched to for-fee, they more or less faded
away in short order.

If anyone can make a go of this, Google can. But if Google can't, you have
to figure for-fee Q&A services are a niche market at best.

Bernie Sloan