Netscape 7 & Mozilla 1.0 RC2

george at library.caltech.edu george at library.caltech.edu
Wed May 22 12:32:21 EDT 2002

Thomas Dowling's comment on the relative stability of NS 7 vis a vis Mozilla
1RC2 got me to thinking about my experiences with Mozilla.  I've used
various Mozilla releases as my primary browser for 4 or 5 months and have
been generally pleased with their stability.

I was especially impressed by the security update notification that Mozilla
transmits to the browser on launch, most recently last week for the upgrade
from RC1 to RC2.  IE, for instance, requires a user to be logged in as the
administrator to receive those kinds of communications.

George S. Porter
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
Caltech, 1-43
Pasadena, CA  91125-4300
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681