Video Server Software

Paul Mills mills at htls.lib.il.us
Wed Jan 2 16:54:25 EST 2002

Hey all,

I am interested in video server software, and was curious about what
others are using and what they think about the product.  I am aware of
RealServer (I think there used to be a free version of this as well, but
that no longer appears to be the case), but do not really know what else
is out there.

Please correct if I am wrong, but the primary reason to use specialty
video server software is that it allows you to automatically scale up or
down a video clip in quality depending on the available bandwidth.  Are
there other advantages and/or features?

Thanks for your time and interest.

Paul Mills
IT Coordinator