[WEB4LIB] PDA friendly web sites?

Lynn Eades beades at med.unc.edu
Tue Feb 12 14:03:55 EST 2002

Andrew,

I have created a PDA library channel for our library information.  It is
accessible via AvantGo.  I used XHTML Basic to create the pages.  If your
pages are ADA compliant, they can be viewed on a Palm.  However, you will want
to add the following meta tag:

I would also look at the content on the page and see if it can be cut down.
You don't have a lot or real estate on a PDA (150x150 for Palm, 260x225 for
PocketPC).

You can access the instructions for our channel at the following URL:

http://www.hsl.unc.edu/pda/hslpda.cfm

I would happy to talk with you about our channel.  Just email!

Lynn

--
B. Lynn Eades
Web Development Librarian