[WEB4LIB] RE: Access2002 vs. SQL .. which way do we go?

Richard Wiggins rich at richardwiggins.com
Thu Dec 5 23:48:28 EST 2002

What is your definition of "very high usage"?  To me, on today's Web, that
could mean 1 million, 10 million, or 100 million transactions per day...

How do you quantify your usage as "very high"?  Your peak load is the key.
Transactions per minute (or per second) would be relevant here.  There are
some very real technical (and business) reasons why Access can't perform
like MS-SQL or another transaction-oriented database when transaction volume
is high.

/rich