Windows NT and DVD players

Anne Kaay KaayA at trinitydc.edu
Thu Aug 22 14:44:55 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I've really valued the information and discussion on this listserv and really hope for some help/insight into a particular problem re: Windows NT and DVD players.

We've got a Gateway 3400 pc (Pentium III with 1000 MHz processor, 256 MB RAM) with a Toshiba 16x DVD-ROM Drive. We're running Win NT 4, SP 6 on this pc but are unable to play DVD discs on the unit. Apparently, the Win NT driver does not support DVD players. The SCSI Adaptors loaded are the Intel Ultra ATA Controller for managing the Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1502 as well as the WinNT Promise Ultra 100 (tm) IDE Controller.

Does anyone know of any shareware/freeware or other software product that could be used on this pc to allow it to play DVDs? Right now, an operating system upgrade is out of the question so another solution is needed. If more information re: the computer is needed, please let me know and i'll fight it out.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely

Anne