[WEB4LIB] constructive criticism on this list?

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Wed Aug 7 13:05:24 EDT 2002

At 06:12 AM 8/7/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>it.  I did get my question answered.  I am also looking for alternatives to
>the javascript used to make the page display full screen.

Bill,

Can you explain what exactly about the maximized browser window works so
well on the public machines in your library?

Perhaps a different type or another approach to layout would help?  One
that works well no matter how wide the browser may be stretched?

I've always found these sites helpful in this regard:
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/boxes.html
http://www.bluerobot.com/web/layouts/

Cheers,
-kb

Kevin W. Bishop   >   bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
      RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/
      Kiosk: http://j2ee.rpi.edu:8080/kiosk/setup.do