[WEB4LIB] Re: browser differences

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Aug 5 12:00:15 EDT 2002

Thanks to Steve Cramer for the quote.  He hits it right on the head as the
to why we use Flash on our site.  It is also important to realize that the
site is not using Flash for the actual links to resources.  It is using
Flash as a marketing tool.  Is it necessary for the site to work? No.  Is it
necessary to gain name recognition and brand loyalty (oops, I am advocating
marketing), yes!

I would also like to take to task the stereotyping of power users by on
person on this list.  I consider myself power user and many others out here
as well that do not run UNIX on their desktop or laptop.   I would hazard to
guess that I am a fairly typical librarian power user in using Windows 98,
IE6, Java turned on, JavaScript's turned on, user of Outlook, and also using
other Microsoft products.

Bill Drew