mirror sites

Yvonne Reynolds Reynolds at nbict.nbi.ac.za
Tue Mar 20 08:00:57 EST 2001

Hi,
I hope someone can help.. we are considering setting up a mirror site  - something I know very little about

technically what is involved here?
Does one have to register a separate domain name for the mirror site.  Or do you just list a separate set of DNS (our site has a set of 2 DNS currently) under the same domain name and this second set serves the mirror site?   I am sure it must be a bit more complicated than this.

Does anyone know of a good internet reference on setting up mirror sites?

thanks in advance.
Yvonne

Yvonne Reynolds
Web site Manager/ Librarian