[WEB4LIB] Domain name registration

Kate A. Pohjola pohjolak at libcoop.net
Tue Mar 20 12:20:12 EST 2001

"Drew, Bill" wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good and cheap domain name registration service?  I
> found many of them on the web but would like a recommendation.  I am also
> looking fro e-mail forwarding, web forwaridng to my current pages along with
> URL hiding of the real URL it would be forwarded to.  Several people at
> CIL2001 suggested I get my own doman and one for Not Just Cows.

I'm considering registering a few domains (my name, a few pet projects,
etc) with http://www.godaddy.com.  A friend recommended them to me, and
after reading all of the fine print on their site, they seem pretty
okay. There's a wide variety of registration choices and they offer
hosting options, too.  I'm debating on a spelling, but as soon as I make
a decision I'll be registering with them.

kate
--
Kate A. Pohjola
Branch Librarian Supervisor