CSS and Bulleted List

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Thu Jun 28 10:15:37 EDT 2001

--On Thursday, June 28, 2001 9:42 AM -0400 Peter Murray
<PMurray at law.uconn.edu> wrote:
> Yes, it is possible, but only sort of.
[...]

And, as it turns out, it was worse than I thought.  The page I was
using to test this theory uses my site's framework, which has a <div
style="margin: 20px;"> tag surrounding the page content.  Without that
bullet outside the LI padding box and Mozilla puts it inside the box?
Here is the complete text page:

          "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
  <head>
   <title>test</title>
  </head>

  <h1>test page</h1>

  <!-- Without this, the bullets vanish <div style="margin: 20px;"> -->

  <hr>
  <ul style="padding-left: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px;">
  	<li>One</li>
  	<li>Two </li>
  	<li>Three</li>
  </ul>
  <hr>

  <!-- Closing div tag </div> -->

So, basically, while it is possible, it breaks (in different ways) with
two of the major browsers.  Thanks to Thomas Dowling for sharing his
testing results.

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut